CONGREGATION FOR RELIGIOUS AND SECULAR INSTITUTES
Prot. n. T. 9-1/86
Association of "Salesian Cooperators", whose headquarters are
now in Rome, was founded by Don Bosco and approved by the Apostolic See
through the Brief Cum Sicuti of
9 May 1876.
is a public association of the faithful, "after the manner of a third
order", which shares in the spiritual patrimony of the Society of St.
Francis de Sales, dedicated in the Church to an extensive apostolate among
youth and the common people. It has as supreme moderator the Rector Major
of the Salesians of Don Bosco.
obedience to the directives of the Church and in the spirit of Vatican
Council II, the Association has drawn up, under the responsibility of the
Rector Major with his Council and with the collaboration of experts, a
renewed text of the "Regulations of Apostolic life" based on
that written by the Founder, St. John Bosco, and has submitted it to the
Apostolic See for approval.
Congregation for Religious and Secular Institutes, after careful
examination of the text, and in the light of the favourable vote given in
a Congress which took place on 15 April, by this present decree approves
and confirms it, with the modifications laid down in the same Congress,
according to the Italian text deposited in this Congregation's archives,
all requirements of Canon Law being observed.
the example in mind of the figure of Mamma Margaret, who was in fact the
first great Cooperator of the Oratory of Don Bosco, this Congregation
earnestly prays and hopes in the Lord that all the members of the
Association may grow in their union with God and in their generous
participation in the mission of the Church, according to the Salesian
spirit of predilection for the young and the poor.
9 May 1986
Jerome HAMER, O.P., Pro-Prefect